Sunday, December 7, 2008

home cold home

Just arrived back in town from Nashville. When I landed on Thursday, several people blamed me for bringing bad weather. It was in the 30's for a large portion of the weekend. I was as cold as anybody so I took the blame and kept going. However, upon arriving back here tonight, I remembered why it is so much worse here regardless of how "cold" it is back home. I had a fairly uneventful flight and caught the train back in to Center City without much delay.

However, when I popped up on street level at 16th and Market, I remembered why cold here is bad. I honestly thought I was going to lose a hand or an ear on the walk to my apartment. I think the issues are a couple. As I have mentioned before - wind is clearly a player. The other major factor I think is the amount of time spent outside. Back home (be it Tennessee or Georgia) the amount of time spent out in the weather is blessedly short. You are simply bolting from the car to the house or the car to the mall, etc. However, here you walk a lot. Things are considered very close if they are within 6 blocks. I LOVE this fact the rest of the year, but not a fan in the Winter.

Had a fabulous time in Nashville. I got to catch a Christmas show, tree trimming party, and a housewarming party. I spent time with a personal shopper and had great pedicure. I caught up with lots of old friends, and I also got to spend some serious quality time with my favorite under 5 duo. I will admit that I am a little tired, but had an absolutely amazing time. If only Nashville needed a Thoracic surgeon - I could be happy living there.

1 comments:

Me said...

Welcome back!