Monday, December 8, 2008

Here kitty kitty

All that was old is new again. Hello Kitty, Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Cabbage patch kids have all made a come back. I lived in Georgia - home of the cabbage patch hospital - so it was my biggest obsession. I also had a pony and Susan had a couple of bears. Hello Kitty was extremely popular with my friends, but I was never really into it. I am not sure why exactly - maybe it was the fact that my mom thought it was ridiculously priced for pens and erasers or maybe I have always preferred dogs even as a child. I walked through the stores a lot and enjoyed looking at the merchandise, but never had much of my own.

Matt and Grace gave me a Hello Kitty necklace for Christmas. (I will try to remember to post a picture so that you can really appreciate how cute it is.) I must admit that I am now a convert. I wore it to work today, and every time I caught a glimpse of it in the mirror it made me smile. Considering how crappy my day was and that I am just now getting home - that is a miracle. I dare anyone to see my sparkly kitty smiling and not be in a good mood. I am not sure the hows and whys of the way that it's magic works, but will simply say that it is one impressive cat. Next up for me - a Hello Kitty lunch box.

0 comments: