Monday, October 13, 2008

Still alive

Despite what my mom and Kris currently believe - I am still alive. Let me explain. Whenever I get busy and don't stay appropriately in contact I can always count on both of them leaving me - "just want to make sure you are a live messages". They have an uncanny ability to usually call within a couple of hours of each other and both evoke the same guilt. I feel incredibly chagrined and make the appropriate time to "call home." Unfortunately for me, not only have I been busy and sick, but my cell phone is currently on the fritz.

In all honesty, I sometimes get so wrapped up in the speed and craziness of my life at a particular moment in time that I forget that I haven't spoken to any of my friends or family in a few days. I actually count on the above mentioned phone calls to remind me that I haven't spoken to anyone outside of the hospital for a week or more. It is perhaps not the best system, but it has worked for several years now. At least it did until my phone decided to stop telling me I had messages or missed calls.

My first clue - Kris called Saturday evening and gently hinted that I should have called Matt back to congratulate him on his goal. (Scored his first soccer goal on Saturday - WAY TO GO MATT). When I protested that I did not get the message, I find out it was not the first. With a sinking feeling in my gut I proceed to call my mother. Turns out I missed a lot of calls there - and the fact that my mom threw her back out and required a trip to the ER. She will probably eventually forgive me, but I'm guessing no time soon.

I took my phone to the local Sprint store this afternoon, and they think they have the problem solved. The phone problem that is - I still have some ticked off friends and family. Therefore, I am offering a HUGE I'm sorry. Last week was crazy, and I was somewhat felled by the "common" cold, but neither is an excuse for being completely out of touch. I will try much harder in the future to do better. (I will even send you some dates Jessica so that we can plan my trip to DC.) I continue to be thankful for all of your great patience and understanding. I will get better some day - PROMISE.

2 comments:

Me said...

I was starting to wonder where you were without any posts! I'll look forward to those dates! There is a real chance we are finally moving! - Jessica

Kris said...

Glad to see you back on the blog! Just remember---we're never calling to bother your or to nag (I save that for my husband and kids!!)--it's 'cause we love you and miss you!