Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY

I can't believe it is finally here. It seems like this is the longest election cycle ever. I have loved it. It has been particularly interesting living in Philadelphia. The things that I have learned over the last few weeks. For instance, did you know that according to the GOP trust, there is some question about whether or not Obama is even a US Citizen? There was also an interesting ad involving a "failed abortion" who is now a 30 year old woman. Of course, she had issues with Obama also. I know both sides go negative, and it seems to be getting worse every year, but some of these things are getting a little ridiculous. (Godless Americans in NC anyone?)

Regardless, I had a bad call night, but was able to get a quick nap in after I voted this morning. No bad voting story for me. I walked right in to my polling place - literally one block in front of where I live. I waited behind one person to sign in, and behind two people to vote. I was literally in and out in 10 minutes. Of course, 20 years from now when I am telling friends and family the story of voting for President Obama, I may have to make that story more interesting. Poetic license you understand.

The only thing left is a lot of CNN watching. Speaking of, the first polls should be closing soon. Will check back in tomorrow - the first day of our new Democratic government.

1 comments:

Me said...

Good night, huh? I've actually been shocked to learn how some of the negative campaigning worked. A family member of mine, a life-long Democrat, seems to have fully bought into the notion that Obama is a non-citizen, a terrorist, part of a sleeper-cell that is intended to take over the US. I was stunned!

But, it does look like some of the "Godless" comments backfired . . . . and knocked Libby Dole right on out of the Senate. This is one piece of history I was relieved to be watching - it has been 8 LONG years for the Democrats, and finally a bit of vindication! Now, those Dems just need to live up to their promises.

- Jessica