Saturday, May 2, 2009

Paranoia

I don't usually tend toward paranoia, but here is hoping that I am today. As most of you know, I went to Miami on Thursday for a job interview. (I have no news in regards to the job, and honestly no gut feeling one way or the other. I have truly decided that what will be will be.) I flew back home yesterday, or I guess technically early this morning. The plan was simple enough. . . Leave MIA at 5:15 pm with an 1 1/2 hour layover in ATL to arrive in PHL at 10:25 pm.

The ATL screwed me yet again. I guess it sprinkled or something so they wouldn't let us leave Miami on time. We actually left the exact time we had been scheduled to land in Atlanta. Needless to say, I did not make my connecting flight time, but luckily it was delayed also. Long story short - I got back to Philly rather late last night/this morning. I unpacked necessities and went to bed.

Here is where hopefully my paranoia kicks in to place. I woke up this morning with a headache and malaise. I initially shrugged it off as a long couple of days and too much time on planes. I am still trying to sell that argument although I now have muscle aches and chills. I am sure this all goes back to my karma argument. I was laughing in my head at all the people on the planes in mask (in my defense none of them were wearing them correctly). Hopefully this is just tiredness, but I am quarantining myself just in case. I cancelled my plans for a nice dinner in NJ with my friend Beth and her family. I don't need the notoriety of being the local index case. Will keep you posted if I start to oink.

0 comments: