Sunday, May 3, 2009

Diagnosis

Sinus infection. Not excited about it, but will take it over the H1N1 virus. I have been spared from allergies most of my life. Secretly, I have felt somewhat superior to my mom, sister and many friends who have bad seasonal allergies. I always thought that I had a better immune system that could recognize friend (seasonal allergens) from foe (viruses, bacteria). I guess this year is my karma catch-up. It started a couple of weeks ago. Late for spring some of you might argue, but you have to recall that my spring didn't start until a couple of weeks ago.

Strange that I spent all of my life in the pollen covered South, and it wasn't until I moved North that I developed allergies. I am crossing my fingers that this is a aberration year (on so many levels). In the mean time, I will just go on record as saying that sinus infections suck. I am sure that all the flying isn't helping, but still need to find a job so that can't be helped.

1 comments:

Me said...

Hope you feel better . . . sinus infections suck. I'm one of those "weaker" folks with allergies and constant sinus infections . . . and flying does make it much worse. It helps me to take a decongestant before flying, spray afrin before and after takeoff, and use saline spray to keep the nose moist during flights. I travel a lot, too, and it gets me in trouble! - Jessica