Thursday, April 9, 2009

If only wishing made it so

There is a disconnect somewhere in my circuitry. In my head, I have this picture of the "style" of girl I am. Up there, I am this boho chic girl that has a little of a bohemian flair. I am artsy and cultured with a little flower child thrown in the mix. I see myself with tattoos and a belly ring. I wear multi-colored unstructured flowing frocks with interesting hats and chunky jewelry. I have platform wedges and a gigantic handbag. I am in essence an Anthropologie girl. Anthropologie is a clothing store for those friends of mine who don't shop (come to think of it, how did I get so many friends who don't like to shop?)

In reality, I am strictly an Ann Taylor girl (non shoppers hang in there). I am a classic, traditional, dare I even admit boring girl. I don't have an artistic bone in my body, and have never hugged a tree in my life. I am a rule follower who doesn't even have her ears pierced. I wear structured straight lines with understated accessories. A walk on my wild side is a four inch heel, and my handbags tend to only hold a small wallet, phone and a set of keys.

How did this happen? How can I picture so clearly in my mind the girl I wish I were when I see the reality every morning in my closet?

0 comments: