Sunday, April 19, 2009

Distractions

As my last interview did not exactly go as planned, I feel even more pressure for my next one. I fly out tomorrow for Syracuse, NY. I went to bed last night thinking about it, and was never able to turn my brain off. Despite my travel exhaustion, I laid awake all night worrying about my future. After about 7 hours (and several tricks later), I gave up and started my day.

The purpose of the day - DISTRACTIONS. Anything and everything that I could think of to stop myself from thinking. I am an embarrassingly easy person to entertain, but turns out I am incredibly hard to distract. I had some success, but also a fair amount of failure.

I started with a trip to the gym. I thought it would be appropriate since I spent 3 days eating like a college boy. I left after about 15 minutes - my heart just wasn't in it, and my head wouldn't shut up. I took an incredibly unnecessary trip to Target and an entirely needed trip to the grocery store. I rearranged my shoes. I cleaned my house from TOP to BOTTOM (at least it will be good for my parents when they come next weekend). I unpacked from my failed trip, and repacked for my next one. My superstitious side had some fun with this one - I am not taking anything that has been to AK to NY. I watched all my taped West Wing and Law and Order. I am going to finish the day with last weeks LOST and then try to sleep.

Syracuse here I come - keep your fingers crossed. Not sure how much more of this I can take.

1 comments:

Me said...

Good luck! I've got everything crossed for you. I just KNOW you'll find the perfect job soon.

- Jessica