Saturday, March 21, 2009

Enough with the black

Given the amount of black worn in this city one would have thought I got confused and accidentally moved to New York City. All I can say is enough already. Why is it that people think head to toe black 24/7 is a good look? No wonder everyone is grumpy here - they have NO color in their life.

I have been aware of the fondness for black for a while, but it seems to be intensifying. Shouldn't spring bring color? I walked downtown this morning and I kid not - I saw exactly 3 people not in black. I live in the City - I saw a lot of people this morning. People even dress their kids in black here.

Well, I have caved on a lot here, but I stand firm on this. Most importantly, I don't look good in black. It is just not my color. I don't know if it is that I am too pink or my hair too fair, but it looks harsh on me. I will take navy or brown any day of the week. Maybe everyone else here had my problem with weight gain in this city and this is their way of coping. I'll take Michelle, my nutritionist, any day of the week over such a depressing wardrobe.

0 comments: