Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My mom was right again

On many occasions during the last several years, my mom has pointed out to me that I have great friends. (Most recently when Bassam and Kris helped my parents move my stuff while I was safely ensconced here in Philly). She feels that often I forget how lucky I am or probably more accurately take for granted what a great group of friends. I disagree, respectively of course, that I forget. However, I may take it for granted.

Therefore, I am making a conscious effort to try to be better. You guys have never let me down. My recent hair debacle is the perfect example. Really great friends will tell you that a horrible cut is really cute when they know that is what you desperately need to hear. Thank You. Really great friends make your crappy job seem more interesting and beneficial. Thank You. Really great friends remind you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and they even convince you that it is not the train that you secretly know is coming. Thank You. Really great friends will convince you that Mr Right is still out there, and that you didn't miss him one night on call. Thank You.

I am very blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life. I just want you all to know that I do realize how lucky I really am to have all of you to keep me sane.

1 comments:

Kris said...

Mom's ARE smart---well, mine is--and so is yours. Unfortunately, I may have missed the "smart mom" gene. I will accept the "good friend" gene, though. YOu are one, too!! Thanks for the fun card this week. IT MADE MY DAY!